GCSE Active Citizenship Projects CPD
This CPD session will look at time efficient ways to teach this section of the GCSE specification.
Active Citizenship will still be part of the summer 2022 GCSE examination. Due to the disruption of the previous academic year, many of us will not have completed teaching this component yet. This session will look at time efficient ways to teach this section of the specification and take into consideration continuing public health concerns.
ACT Exam Experts from each GCSE board will be available for practical advice from their extensive classroom experience along with Zoe Baker and Kirsty White from the ACT Education team.
You will leave the session with a range of ideas for projects that students could complete and practical tools and resources to use in the classroom.
- Individual and Organisational Membership holders- FREE
- E-Members/Non members- £25
If you are a non member and plan to attend more than one CPD event in the year (GCSE Citizenship Studies Exam Board CPD is on 13 October), an Indivdual membership could save you money. See membership options before booking this session.
Who should attend:
- Experienced teachers
- Those new to GCSE Citizenship Studies
- Early Career Teachers
This event will also support the Early Career Framework in the following areas:
Professional Behaviours (Standard 8)
1. Effective professional development is likely to be sustained over time, involve expert support or coaching and opportunities for collaboration.
- Engaging in professional development focused on developing an area of practice with clear intentions for impact on pupil outcomes, sustained over time with built-in opportunities for practice.
- Strengthening pedagogical and subject knowledge by participating in wider networks.
Subject and Curriculum (Standard 3 )
2. Secure subject knowledge helps teachers to motivate pupils and teach effectively.
3. Ensuring pupils master foundational concepts and knowledge before moving on is likely to build pupils’ confidence and help them succeed.
|Individual or Organisational Membership||£ 0.00|
|E-Member/non member||£ 25.00|