Why should I teach about fraud and financial crime? Developing new knowledge in Citizenship
Come and join us to find out why teaching fraud and financial crime is vital for your curriculum and students
About this event
In this session we will explore the importance of students understanding the current increasing threat of fraud and financial crime, and how this allows us to explore the core elements of the Citizenship and RHSE curriculum. Additionally this session will be useful when teaching safeguarding awareness.
This interactive session will explore the resources developed by ACT in collaboration with the Home Office and the National Crime Agency. This is the first session of a four part series; participants who attend all four sessions will receive a certificate from ACT and the Home Office awarding national recognition for Fraud and Financial Crime Education Teaching.
Attending any single session will still be of great benefit and all participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who is it for?
This session would be of benefit to:
- Citizenship Teachers
- PSHE Teachers
- Form Tutors
- Heads of Year
- Safeguarding Leads
- Heads of Citizenship and PSHE
- Leads of Personal Development
By attending this workshop you will:
- Understand the importance of Fraud and money mule education to Safeguarding
- Gain a deep understanding of how Fraud and Financial Crime supports the curriculum
- How Fraud and Financial Crime support the RSHE framework and Personal Development criteria
- Understand how the Home Office and ACT curriculum materials can be used in your school
- Have an opportunity to speak to one of the writers of the curriculum materials
CPD strand – Politics, Elections and Society
Building upon the CPD offering in the previous year and feedback from our members, we have introduced a new strand entitled ‘Politics, Elections and Society’ which provides broader subject knowledge enhancement and incorporates a range of elements from previous CPD strands.
Meet the team who will be running this event
Head of Learning Resources
Vice Principal, Outwood Academy Redcar
These are some of the questions we are most often asked about our training sessions. If you have other questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to help.