Exciting ACT Member opportunity - US-UK teacher exchange programme 2019
Exchange programme opportunity...for educators!
Apply by Tuesday 4 December 2018
We are delighted that the U.S. Embassy London has announced a 10-day exchange programme to the United States for members of ACT. Successful applicants will visit cities in the United States and explore media literacy teaching approaches with their counterparts. Participants will also have the chance to meet with American journalists, NGOs and others working in this area.
The exchange will take place during the Easter term break of 2019 (7 – 16 April 2019, with travel days on 6 and 17 April).
It will include visits to a number of U.S. cities to explore how the topic is handled with different audiences in different environments.
Participation in the programme, including airfare and accommodation, is at no cost to the participants (except for costs associated with travelling to the U.S. Embassy in London for a visa interview).
Eligibility requirements – applicants should be:
- A UK citizen or permanent resident (U.S. citizens residing in the UK are not eligible)
- A teacher or trainee teacher, preferably working with 14- to 18-year-olds in the UK
- Interested in teaching media literacy skills to young people, and open to exploring new approaches to teaching media literacy skills
- Available to participate fully in the 10-day programme and available to travel to the U.S. Embassy in London before and after the programme
- A member of ACT with an up to date subscription (if you are not currently a member or need to renew, click here).
Download recruitment details and the application form (applications now closed)