Citizenship Matters! CPD day for teachers on curriculum planning, personal development and the new Ofsted inspection framework
Teachers will be gathering in London on Friday 5 July at the UCL Institute for Education for a whole day of continuing professional development planned by the ACT Council of teachers.
The day will be full of practical sessions and guest speakers to help you consider and plan your curriculum provision for citizenship, smsc and personal development, and consider the new Ofsted Inspection Framework which gives a prominent role to Citizenship both in the new Quality of Education and Personal Development measures. The day will be suitable for those working with primary, secondary and SEND pupils. Book your place to join teachers at this curriculum planning and personal development day
Participants will have the opportunity to hear and learn from -
- Gillian Machin, DFE curriculum policy lead for Citizenship
- Neil Redmond-King, from Ofsted who helped lead work to design the revised School Inspection framework
- Liz Moorse, ACT Chief Executive, on the latest work ACT is doing to support high quality Citizenship and influence national education policy
- Helen Blachford, Zoe Baker and Emily Mitchell - three experienced teachers from very different schools across the country about how they are approaching planning a high quality curriculum at different key stages and for GCSE Citizenship Studies
- Amit Puni, Senior Lecturer at Kingston University School of Education, on principles for effective medium term planning
- Lee Jerome, Associate Professor of Education, Middlesex University, on 'Bringing the curriculum to life'