ACT Member Opportunity: apply for UK Parliament Teacher Ambassador Programme
We are delighted to be working with the UK Parliament’s Education team to offer members of ACT a unique opportunity to participate in the UK Parliament Teachers' Institute Programme and the chance to become a Parliament Teaching Ambassador.
The Teachers’ Institute Programme is a unique, three day continuing professional development course from 1-3 July 2019, which is fully funded for participants.
The course allows you to immerse yourself in learning about parliament, democracy and the UK political system. It is ideal for those teaching citizenship, history, politics, modern studies and any teacher with an interest in promoting their pupils’ understanding of the UK political system, democracy and parliament. The UK Parliament will cover the cost of travel, accommodation, most meals and attendance at the course itself.
- UK citizen or permanent resident
- Teacher or trainee teacher, preferably who works with 4 to 18-year-olds in the UK
- Committed to teaching parliament and democracy to young people, and open to exploring new approaches
- Available to participate fully in the 3-day programme and available to travel to the London to attend the course
- A current paid subscription as a member of ACT
Find out more about what's included and apply for a place by close of Thursday 25 April 2019.