ACT Curriculum briefing - Assessing Citizenship
This curriculum briefing on Assessment and Progression in Citizenship is part of a series of guides produced to support the revised National Curriculum for Citizenship 2014. This briefing has been developed by the DFE Expert Group for Citizenship and ACT Council.
The guide includes:
- how to align teaching intentions and assessment strategies
- assessing citizenship concepts and skills
- designing effective success criteria
- providing quality feedback to pupils
- progression in citizenship
- sources of evidence of learning
- using assessment information to track progress and report to parents
- links to the latest Ofsted guidance for inspectors on assessment
- useful reading and further information.
You might also find the booklet, Assessing Citizenship - example assessment activities for key stage 3 helpful to refer to as this includes a range of exemplification of pupil work in Citizenship at different standards. Further materials to exemplify standards will be available later in the year.
ACT offer CPD and training on assessment. Details of course in the autumn are on our events page.
You may also be interested in our other Curriculum Briefing Topic Guides:
The full range of ACT guidance and support for the revised National Curriculum 2014 is also available.