ACT guidance to support revised National Curriculum for Citizenship 2014
ACT has developed a range of guidance and materials to support the revised National Curriculum 2014. The materials include:
- A Big Picture for Outstanding Citizenship - a powerpoint presentation with audio commentary to help you design your curriculum and develop high quality citizenship provision
- 'What is Citizenship' - a diagram to help explore the nature of citizenship in your school
- Citizenship Programmes of Study with guidance and explanatory notes - the statutory teaching requirements explained to help you plan your curriculum
- Planning and observation tool for outstanding Citizenship lessons - this tool will help you review and improve the quality of your teaching and evaluate Citizenship lessons
- Topic guides - to help you get started teaching the revised Programmes of Study and include links to helpful resources
- The Electoral System and Political Parties
- The Constitution and Political System
- Active Citizenship and Volunteering
- Finance, the economy and money
- Justice, the legal system and international law
The DFE Expert Group for Citizenship has also published a resources digest which includes a range of teaching resources for different topics in the revised NC 2014 that are recommended by members of the group.
You need to be a member to access many of these resources so join ACT today!