EXPLORING CHILDREN'S RIGHTS - NINE SHORT PROJECTS FOR PRIMARY LEVEL
This manual has been designed for teachers who are looking for tools to teach children's rights to students at primary schools.
The features of this manual include:
- Nine small projects of four lessons each, for students in their first nine years of school.
- Detailed lesson instructions that can be followed by beginners or used in teacher training.
- A lesson plan including the key questions and key tasks in each at the beginning of each project description.
- An approach of task-based learning, focusing on problem solving and learning by example, which supports the pupils in conceptual learning, skills training and the development of values and attitudes.
- Following the key principles of Education for Democratic Citizenship (EDC), methods and setting of open and co-operative learning support the message of content and principles in children's rights learning. (Learning through, about and for children's rights.)
- A tool to support reflection and discussion in class (see below).
- A section on materials for teaching and further studies in children's rights.
Free to Download from The European Wergeland Centre