ACT Quality Standard
The ACT Quality Standard (ACT QS) has been developed by the Association for Citizenship Teaching to support the development of high quality Citizenship teaching and learning.
The ACT QS reflects Ofsted Inspection frameworks, provides evidence of how schools and colleges promote Fundamental British Values and demonstrates approaches to Prevent.
Throughout the ACT Quality Standard process an institution will continue to develop one or two agreed targets to continue progression. The ACT QS is aligned with the Global Learning Programme and the Rights Respecting Schools Award.
- Evaluate your strategic development of Citizenship
- Develop priority areas from your Action Plan
- Gain public recognition for the work you are doing in Citizenship, especially in active participation
- Access professional development support.
Email us to register your interest. We will send you the pricing structure. Once we have received the fee, we will email you the Quality Standard submission form and the ACT Self-Evaluation Tool (SET) phase.
“The QS has helped us to identify our current strengths and development areas, and to focus our actions to improve the quality of Citizenship teaching and experiences for students across the school. It has been a really useful tool for us.” Chalfonts Community College, ACT QS Award Participant
ACT Quality Standard Award Recipients
“The Quality Standard Award has been a fantastic way of measuring the progress of the department and setting targets for future developments. It has highlighted for me the depth and breadth of subject leading in this area.” St Alban's Catholic High School, ACT QS Award Recipient 2016
We are pleased to have awarded the ACT Quality Standard Award to:
- St Alban's Catholic High School, Ipswich. ACT Quality Standard for Schools 2016-18
- The Appleton School, Essex. ACT Quality Standard for Schools 2016-18
- Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Greater Manchester. ACT Quality Standard for Schools 2016-18
- Oakfield High School and College, Wigan. ACT Quality Standard for Schools 2017-19
- Croydon College, Croydon. ACT Quality Standard for Colleges and FE 2017-19
- The Aspire Academy, ACT Quality Standard for Schools 2021-2024
- The Jewish Community Secondary School, ACT Quality Standard for Schools 2021-2024
“This award provides a sense of achievement and a recognition for Citizenship as a core subject. It allowed our department to see where we shine and where we could shine. The support from the ACT team has been incredible.” The Appleton School, ACT QS Award Recipient 2016