Call for Teachers: G-EPIC Research and CPD Opportunity
Professor Bryony Hoskins (Roehampton University) has opened a call for Year 9 teachers to participate in the international G-EPIC research project
Gender Empowerment Through Politics In the Classroom (G-EPIC) is a 3-year project funded by the European Commission that will be held in 6 European countries (Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Spain and the UK).
The project aims to conduct research in schools to identify successful classroom teaching practices that support the development of pupils’ confidence in their own opinions and future civic engagement.
Professor Bryony Hoskins (Roehampton University) has opened a call for 9 teachers to participate in the international G-EPIC research project.
Priority will be given to Year 9 Citizenship teachers or those who teach citizenship-related topics and who work in target group schools.
- Teach Citizenship or citizenship-related topics in Year 9 (pupils 13-14 years)
- Are open to new ideas, including those coming from research
- Engage in participatory, inclusive teaching practice
- Are committed to students’ voice and their political engagement
- Are passionate about achieving gender equality
- Ideally 25% or more students receiving free school meals
- Ideally 25% or more students who speak English as an Additional Language
- Based in or around London
Note: The project will consider applications regardless of whether they meet the above criteria.
Teachers will gain CPD certificates from Vrije University Brussells, Belgium and Roehampton University, UK.
Teachers will develop their skills, work and learn from teachers and researchers, and co-develop Gender Empowerment methods for the classroom.
How to apply
Project starts: March-April 2023 (deadline for applications is February 15th 2023)
email: [email protected]
For further information and expression of interest please contact Dr Athina Mara: [email protected]