Events and CPD Training
We run a series of events throughout the year, led by experienced subject specialists, to support your teaching and planning of citizenship education. Find out more and register your place on our upcoming events below.
Register for an event➔
Continuing Professional Development Sessions
We have an extensive, subject-specific professional development offer covering a wide range of topics. Our presenters will develop your subject knowledge, offer the latest research and thinking, and give practical examples of application in your school context.
Each CPD Session includes:
- Live, interactive workshop delivered (virtually) by leading national experts from the ACT Ambassador team
- Opportunities to discuss how to adapt session learnings to your school needs and context
- Networking and engagement with colleagues across the UK
- Practical idea resources to support implementation in the classroom and post session support from the ACT team.
We run several conferences with partners such as UK Parliament Engagement and the Five Nations Network, to ensure we offer development in a wide range of content and skill areas. Conferences provide practical ideas and specific strategies to teach citizenship concepts effectively.
Expert Led Webinars
Develop your subject knowledge with one of our Expert-Led webinars.
Whether you are new to Citizenship teaching, or an experienced colleague, these sessions offer you an in-depth look into a content area of the Citizenship curriculum. Our specialist speakers aim to enhance your subject knowledge, give up to-date case studies and answer any questions you may have on the subject area.
Each webinar includes:
- 1 hour of high-quality subject knowledge training led by subject specific professionals and leading national experts from the ACT Ambassador team
- Practical idea resources to support you to implement your new knowledge into the classroom (provided as a follow up to session)
Network Hubs and meetings
Meet colleagues, share best practice and discuss strategies to overcome challenges. Joining a network enables you to receive tailored advice and support and will enable you to continue the conversation with colleagues who understand your region, timetable demands, and/or stage of your teaching career.
We currently have GCSE, Regional and Early Careers/New to Citizenship networks.
Networks hold regular virtual staff room meets and events.