Summer CPD Bank of England, Conspiracy Theories in the Classroom, Active Citizenship
Mon, 07/06/2021 - 11:30
We are delighted to share with you a range of CPD events to support your Citizenship teaching this summer.
- 24 June Getting Started with ACTive Citizenship
- 5 July Expert led webinar with Bank of England
- 15 July CPD Conspiracy Theories in the Classroom
All events are FREE to ACT members with a subscription.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Liz, Zoe and the ACT team.
Getting started with ACTive Citizenship - Teacher webinar Monday 24 June 4.30-5.30pm
This short webinar will take you through the active citizenship process and show you how using the Award can enhance your citizenship provision. Give pupils a real experience of practical, democratic citizenship experience designed with First News.
Ideal for primary and secondary teachers whether you've signed up and begun to use the Award or are new and wish to find out more.
Led by our Senior Advisory Teacher for Secondary, Zoe Baker and our Associate Primary Advisory Teacher, Lucy Marcovitch.
Conspiracy Theories in the Classroom - CPD
Thursday 15 July 5-6pm
Conspiracy theories and disinformation are on the rise. So what do you do when a student raises one in the classroom?
This CPD session led by Jeremy Hayward from UCL aims to provide:
- summaries of the main conspiracy theories in circulation and the ones to be concerned about
- strategies to deal with moments when pupils raise conspiracy theories or disinformation
- reviews and links to some of the best free resources to improve students’ media literacy and resistance to disinformation.