NEW ACT Assessment and Progression in Citizenship briefing published
Today we are pleased to publish our NEW curriculum briefing on Assessment and Progression in Citizenship. This is the latest in our series of briefings to support the revised National Curriculum for Citizenship 2014.
This guidance has been developed by the DFE Expert Group for Citizenship and members of the ACT Council. It provides an overview of the key principles of effective assessment and practical advice to help teachers plan for and undertake assessment in the post levels era. The guidance includes:
- how to align teaching intentions and assessment strategies
- assessing citizenship concepts and skills
- designing effective success criteria
- providing quality feedback to pupils
- progression in citizenship
- sources of evidence of learning
- using assessment information to track progress and report to parents
- links to the latest Ofsted guidance for inspectors on assessment.
The guidance is a starting point. Further support in the form of exemplification of standards using examples of pupils work is planned for later in the year. We encourage you to feedback on this initial guidance via the comments section on the resources page.
Teachers wishing to deepen their knowledge and skills of assessment should also sign up for the ACT CPD training day on 'Assessing Citizenship'. New dates for autumn training and details of how to book are available on our events page.
ACT can also provide in school training. Contact us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org